Beautiful trees in Tennessee

Beautiful trees in Tennessee

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009


Had a wonderful day with Lewis, my 3 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, and 2 grandsons. Ate a great brunch. Christmas Stollen, first time I've made this- sooo good, mexican eggs(Matt made)yum, turkey bacon, fried taters, fruit salad and Dunkin doughnuts coffee. Then we read the Christmas Story and opened a few presents. The men went to the basement for a while and played darts and the women and kids watched a Madagascar Christmas video. Took a lot of pictures. Two of the sons and families have gone home now and Lewis and Matthew have gone for a walk up the hill behind our house hunting.

I'm so thankful for the wonderful gift God sent to us so many years ago. His son. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I also can't imagine what it must have been like to be Mary. To be given such a responsibility of raising the Son of God. When I read that story when my sons were little, I would try to think how Mary raised Jesus and I'd pray that God would help me to be a mother like her and try and treat my sons as I would if I was raising Jesus. He did help me. I have some awesome sons. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment