Beautiful trees in Tennessee

Beautiful trees in Tennessee

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gratitude

Today, while eating my lunch, I read as I usually do if I'm home alone. The last two days I have spent most of the day alone so I've had lots of time to think. Mostly thinking a lot about my daddy. He died last Wednesday. I'm so grateful to God for giving me such a wonderful father who always treated my mom, my sisters and me so special.

I decided to pick up a book I hadn't read in about a week.A really thought provoking, inspiring book. God in the Yard by L.L. Barkat I've been reading her blog for several months and got her book. It's a different sort of Bible study with artistic people in mind.

This is a prayer she has at the end of the chapter on gratitude. "God of good gifts, please open me, to give and receive in gratitude, by helping me face my fears and struggles. Deepen my trust in You." Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, thank you for sharing this. I am sorry about your dad. Grief is a hard thing, loss a hard thing.

    I pray the prayer that you chose for you too...

    ReplyDelete